Saturday, October 9, 2010

Oh Father

I wrote this poem after hearing about my friends situation. She touched my heart with her Christlike love for someone who had done everything to break them. I am grateful she is allowing me to share this on my blog, without her name of course. I am also grateful for the example she is to me. We all need the healing influence that comes from our Savior, each and every one of us need the Atonement. How blessed we are to have such infinite and undeniable love.


My mind turns to thee
As I fall to my knees
Father, please forgive me
Yet again I plead

I’ve known thy grace, I now seek thy peace
I can’t give up, I truly need relief
Lord, please help me, to be whole again
Unworthy I feel, my repentance begins

Oh Father, I need thy grace
Oh Father, I need thy peace
How can I replace
The hurt in my families face
I search, longing for relief
I need to feel thy peace
Please forgive me yet again
I really need to stop this spin
As I spiral down
Lord please help me turn around

Can I win thy trust again
Can I be that type of man
I know you need me to begin
Courage fills my soul and says I can
A change within is what I need
Daily effort and a humble plead

I can’t go on without thy strength
I can’t live in this vicious place
Inside my soul I am racked with torment
I need to stop these sins and repent
Please work with my desire to turn to thee
Give me grace and courage please
Hope renews, I feel the light slowly come back
But daily effort will keep me on track

Oh Father, I feel thy grace
Oh Father, I feel thy peace
Your love begins to replace
The hurt in my families face
I searched, longing for relief
I truly now, feel thy peace
I’m indebted yet again
As a new life for me begins
To my knees I fall down
Lord please help me stay on solid ground

Rae Ann Hall